If you think we'd be good together, then contact our nearest office to discuss your qualifications or submit a resume.
You and Western Logistics
Please take a few minutes to look through the links below. If you think we'd be good together, then contact our nearest office to discuss your qualifications, now or in future.
Western Logistics was established in 1990 to provide a high-quality transportation and distribution service for Canadian manufacturers and resellers of new office furniture. The service involves consolidation of less-than-truckload shipments in the producing areas, and a value-added full-service distribution functions at each destination, including storage options and regional truck services.
Since its inception in 1990, Western Logistics has gradually expanded its network across Canada and into the USA, and now operates from 11 distribution centres: Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax and Holland, MI.
Western Logistics operates a small fleet of Kenworth T-2000s and new air-ride trailers for over-the-road operations; it also engages third party carriers (both intermodal and road) to supplement its over-the-road operations on long-haul lanes. Each distribution centre operates local and regional truck services.
From the outset, Western Logistics has striven to be an ideal company, ever trying to improve its service, its facilities, its equipment, and its relationships with customers, employees, and suppliers. In doing so, we have become the industry standard in our niche, and now serve most of the top office furniture producers. The Company has a brilliant future.
If you like to work hard and smart; if you like the physical nature of our work; and if you like to operate modern and well-maintained equipment, then you will almost certainly enjoy Western Logistics. If you like to give and get respect on the job; if you like to be part of a dynamic and productive team; and if you want a secure job with a Company going somewhere, then this is the place for you!
Western Logistics truly believes that its success has resulted from the combined efforts of its personnel. We're good at this business, and we like to show it! Our people make the difference. From its inception, Western Logistics has tried to improve the security, well-being and safety of its personnel to the maximum extent of its financial ability. The company has an "open door" policy. It is completely egalitarian, and issues get resolved. Western Logistics cares. But it also expects a great deal from its people. If you don't want to give 100%, please move on, as you will not fit in.
- A team spirit, and a professional attitude.
- Willingness to work hard, and to think while you work.
- Flexibility of timing. Logistics is a tough business. If you want bankers' hours, work for a bank.
- Flexibility of task. We believe in "pitching in."
- Honesty. If you screw up, 'fess up!, so we can tell the customer and minimize the problem.
- Reliability, commitment, and integrity. We're small teams, and need you on the job!
- Respect for yourself, your team-mates, your equipment.
- Willingness to evolve with the company by upgrading skills.
- A clean driving abstract (for drivers)
- Ability to pass Canadian and US pre-employment tests and random re-testing (drug and criminal search).
- Minimum age for OTR drivers: 25
- Furniture handling experience desirable.
- Secure employment, serving a Company with a history of continuous growth, and no lay-offs. Steady year-'round work.
- A "salary" approach to remuneration to provide predictable earnings, yet enable flexibility.
- Contact with high-quality customers, who truly appreciate the service our drivers and warehouse people provide.
- Lots of work. But not more than you want. For highway drivers, we offer minimum mileage of 2500 miles per week, and a maximum at legal limit. (Our average has been 3000). For city drivers and warehouse personnel with over one year on the job, there are sometimes opportunities to secure 45 or 50 hour weeks, and occasionally 4-day weeks.
- Well-planned, well-managed operation, with attractive work schedules, scheduled runs, and flex time.
- A sensitive, caring approach toward doing business, and appreciation of the role of employees in our success.
- First-class equipment
- Good basic salaries, and mileage rates.
- Company-paid benefit plan, including short-term disability
- RSP Plan after one year, with Company contributions.
- Profit-sharing bonuses before Christmas each year.
- A genuine sense of being part of a winning team.